How to Get Trade License in Dubai
As entrepreneurs from across the globe rush into the country to enjoy a tax-free environment it possesses, it is essential for them to know about the processes involved in setting up a business in UAE. For every business entity to function in the country, they require an approval from the government to start its activities which is why trade licenses issued by the Department of Economic Development (DED) are mandatory. Trade licenses are categorized into four depending on the different types of business activities.
Types of Trade Licenses in UAE
Dubai’s work industry requires four main licenses. Companies in Dubai can apply for any of the following licenses:
- Professional License – Required for professionals dealing with specific jobs.
- Commercial or Trade License – Required for all types of trading work.
- Industrial License – Required for manufacturing or industrial work.
- General Trade License – Required for exports, trades and imports.
Trade Licences For Specific Industries
- Financial institutions such as banks must get the right licenses from the Central bank of UAE.
- Insurance organizations gain licenses from the Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
- Manufacturing business enterprises need licenses from the Ministry of Finance and Industry.
- Pharmaceutical and medical product businesses need licenses from the Ministry of Health.
- Commercial businesses in the UAE should get licenses from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Obtaining a trade license is the same as registering a company with the government. But, before applying for a trade license, it is crucial to determine the type of business activity you wish to undertake, have a name for the business and have the Memorandum and Articles of Association ready to be submitted to the Department of Economic Development (DED). Our business consulting experts at Jumeira Consultants will aid you to pass through the dilemma in figuring out the type of business activity to be carried out.
Steps to get trade license in UAE
Acquiring a trade license in Dubai can be simple. Do check to complete the following legal requirements for the respective government authorities.
- Request the DED Department for original approval
- Name the category for the profession, business, commercial and industry
- Regulate all the connected business work for each business license (Almost 10 actions exist for each license)
- Prepare the business legal status in the UAE
- Get useful approvals from other suitable government authorities
- Create a name for the company
- Lease business premises and get the correct consent from the authority
- Collect all the required documents such as the memorandum of association
Dubai Visa Solution will ease up the process of getting the trade license issued by procuring all the necessary documents from the concerned departments and submitting it to the DED. Our dedicated team can assist in all possible ways to get things done in a quick and professional way.
General Trading License
General trade license is needed by businesses in trading, exporting and importing products. Goods like electronics, furniture and food should get this license. This license permits companies to trade locally inside the UAE. Moreover, it also allows you to trade with markets across the globe.General trading licenses in UAE allow businesses to trade in mixed goods. This means that a business can export, trade and import any number of goods like toys, building materials or cosmetics.
The Department of Economic Development (DED) is a government body that offers these licenses. It serves to individuals and corporate entities who start businesses in Dubai mainland. Every business requires a special consent from the respective ministries. Alongside, it must gain approval from other authoritative establishments. DED supports the growth of new business, renewals and greater profits.
Benefits of General Trading License in Dubai
- Single license permits trade of more than one product
- Permits 100% repatriation of profits and capital
- Utilize any office location in Dubai
- Helps to get easy employee visa
- Problem-free legal process
- Use any currencies
- Simple to setup
- 100% direct tax-free
Trade License Renewal in Dubai
All enterprises in Dubai, need to renew their Trade Licenses each year. Licenses are legal approvals that enables businesses to function according to the business procedures in the UAE. The license must also agree with the rules of the government. This step can accelerate your businesses towards faster growth and greater revenues.
Steps for Trade License Renewal
- The tenancy contract should be valid during the renewal of Trade license.
- When you need to renew your tenancy contract, do get the approval from Ejari, the Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
Obtaining and renewing trade licenses require a lot of documentations and paper works. Our company formation professionals look forward to lending our hands to you in completing the processes of trade license from preparing the required documents to submitting them at respective departments. Obtaining the trade license is the first step to setting up a business in UAE, we at Dubai Visa Solution yearn to give wings to your dreams and to assist you in all your endeavors.